Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

How to Have a Successful Business

As an Entrepreneur, I studied and mentored many people on running a successful business.
Many people would love to start working for themselves.
Here is what I know.
First of all, YOU never ever work for yourself!
As a successful Entrepreneur, I know that in order to be successful in ANY business, you must work on taking care of someone else's needs. This has always been one of the keys to my success.

So, here are some guidelines that I use to ensure my business is always a success:

1. I anticipate what is coming. I see and I know the road ahead. How do I do this? Well, I have played the game before! I speak to people that already played the game and have the knowledge to tell me what to expect once I get started. I am now better prepared to start because I know all the cheat codes! It's like playing a new PS3 game with my son. He ALWAYS BEATS ME. He beats me because he played the game before and knows what is coming ahead of time. He is prepared to win by being pro-Active. I die every time because I don't know what is ahead. I die because I have to REACT in a RE-Active way. This is the same with your business. You WIN or DIE depending on your ability to anticipate what's next.

2. I know what is needed to run a successful business. I have my map and plan. My map is drawn on a huge vision board. My plan is written. This is not a 5 year plan. This is a map and plan of what I must DO this month, this week and TODAY! Drawn and Written on a WALL! I execute this plan daily.

3. I know that I must Innovate and Impress my clients. I must be BETTER than anyone else. I must add value. In order to add value, I must become better. I know the client's needs and I know what I must do to meet and exceed their needs. I work on Improving Myself. My product is not as important as I am. I must Improve.

4. I must Market my business. The best marketed business is the one that attracts the most clients.
I must be better than the rest, so I must market something of VALUE. Since, products maybe similar or even the same, I must market MYSELF as being better in providing service to my clients. With technology today, it's a must to have a FAN page! The best advertising is the one clients do for you.

5. I must constantly work on improving my SALES skills. Yes, this is a must. It makes no sense to have people that need your service and not have the SALES SKILL to help them. I have learnt over the years that I must also attract a SALES TEAM! I have also come to realize that I must FIND GREAT sales people and then train them. If I just find people to train then I will be only wasting my time training people who have no desire to work and apply what is taught. NATURE plays a very important part in ones ability to be a good salesperson. I seek people that are natural salespeople and then train them on products and services. They must have an Entrepreneur Mindset. Who will be on my team? A sales team also includes Managers, Trainers and Office staff.

6. I must be able to Optimize and Maximize my business so that it runs with ease. Now, this is what I truly excel in doing. This is why people seek my advice. I KNOW how to make everything work with ease! When you pay money to get this help, you improve your profit margin and increase your potential. This wisdom and knowledge makes the investment in acquiring this skill payback for itself.
So, this actually enhances your business for FREE! Most businesses fail because the Owner/Leader fails to get the help they need to Optimize and Maximize. Without this key help everyone is working harder and we have BURNOUT....the business fails. Learn to work smart and stop working hard.

7. You must KNOW your financials. You must know and have a good Accountant. You must understand the MONEY! Not knowing and understanding the Money will KILL your business.

I hope this helps Everyone.

If you like the message, SIGN IN and FOLLOW this Blog by E-MAIL or Subscribe.
Like and Share with your Loved ones and don't forget to leave your thoughts in the comments below.

Think and Implement Daily.
Barry Dillah

No comments:

Post a Comment